Friday, May 29, 2009

Where is the time

I have been struggling to try to fit everything I want to do into a week. When I started working out three months ago, I would swim about 5 times a week. When I started doing spin classes, I was doing about 3 swim and 2 spin classes a week. When I added running to the mix, I started having trouble getting everything I want to do to fit in the week and still have rest days.

My current schedule is something like this:

Running - 2-3 times a week.
Swimming - 1 time a week.
Spin/Cycling - 1-2 times a week.

My problem is I want to do everything 2-3 times a week and my body cannot handle that much. On Wednesday, I tried to run and only made it about 1.25 miles before having to walk the rest. My legs were just dead after running 3 miles on Monday and doing a hard Spin class on Tuesday. Basically Wednesday turned into my day of rest. The worst part for me is where I used to do about 5 swims a week, now I am doing 1 every 7-10 days. I feel that I need the most work in running and cycling, but I do miss doing swimming more often.

On other fronts, the countdown is on to vacation and my first tri. Vacation is in 2 weeks at the beach and we cannot wait. The tri is in 6 weeks and I cannot wait. :)

Scott

0 Comments: