Monday, May 11, 2009

Running is picking up

My running is starting to pick up a little. The two runs I had over the weekend were both about 1.8 miles. for the one saturday, I ran over a mile without stopping for the first time! Yay. Small steps will get me to the goals (which are continuing to evolve).

When I originally started on this path, I was only interested in loosing weight. To do that I was swimming alot. As I have diversified, my goals have continued to expand. First I signed up for a sprint Tri in July. The healthier I get, the more I feel like I can do more. Now I am thinking about doing the Tour de Blount on Saturday and now I am dreaming about doing longer runs and doing runs with my wife.

Three months ago I could not dream of doing a race with her. Now I am thinking of how long a race :).

Tomorrow I will be riding my bike to work for the first time. I was hesitant about this before, but now I am looking forward to it. To see how I can do on a ride with friends who do alot of cycling. I am sure I will slow them down some, but I do not think it will be as much as a month ago.

Scott

0 Comments: