Friday, May 1, 2009

Old Hot Tub = Expensive

Our Hot Tub at home is getting to be almost 10 years old. That means that things have started going wrong with it. So far in the last year, I have had to replace / repair the following.



  1. The heater shorted out and had to be replaced. $85 (for the second time)

  2. The Ozonator has failed three times. about $50 each time (only once in the last year.

  3. The number 1 pump has been loosing power and stopped working about 2 months ago.

  4. The number 2 pump has a clog or something somewhere in the line (not in the pump). This means that it does not pull through the filter appropriately. Although it does have a strong flow.

  5. The main controller blew a fuse the other day (I think due to pump #1) and the fuse was $12 to replace. Ouch.

  6. I just tooke the number 1 pump to a pump repair place to see if there is anything wrong with it. I am not sure if they will actually test it or just tell me it needs to be replaced when they call me back. Who knows how much that will cost.


Sometimes I wonder if it is worth it to keep trying to repair it. What keeps me fixing it is that the girls love to play in the small heated pool. When I see them in it I just can't help myself and I have to keep throwing money at it.

Another concern is how do you get rid of a 8'x8' huge hot tub. I cannot even move it by my self. It weighs a ton.

Oh well. Vent over.
Scott