Thursday, May 21, 2009

Second Bike to Work day

Today I am doing my second Bike-to-Work day. I found that this was much easier this week than it was when I rode the same path last week. I am not sure if it was due to going a little slower or if my legs are that much stronger after only one ride. I am going to side with the stronger :).

I noticed on the ride that my bike computer is shot. It won't even come on. Since it is only about 2 months old and only cost about $20, I am not going to even try to get it fixed. It also might be broken since it fell off the last time I rode. So now I am trying to think of what I want to get to replace it. I have been thinking about how nice it would be to get a Garmin watch and it would work just as well on a bike as on a runner. The problem is that they are so expensive and I am not sure if I really need something like that when my running distances are still as short as they are. I will probably just get another cheap bike computer to replace it and maybe get the garmin at a later date.

Yesterday was not a good day for the diet, but it was a good day for my taste buds! It started out with lunch at my daughters school. Bag lunch of a hot dog and chips and rice krispy treats. It went further down hill at work with a fundraiser where we bought ice cream Sundays with the proceeds going to children's hospital. Then it ended later at Fudruckers with a good hamburger and onion rings! Yum! Oh well, back to sensible food today!

Scott

0 Comments: