Monday, June 1, 2009

Recovering from the Weekend

On Saturday I did my first distance ride on my bike. Only 30 miles, but that is about 14 more than I have done at one time before. We averaged about 16.6 miles an hour for the 30 miles. Afterwords, my legs were a little tired and my butt was very sore. Hopefully after riding more, I will get acclimated to riding on the bike seats!

After the ride, I met my family in downtown Knoxville for a literacy festival. We ended up walking all over downtown and the girls liked playing in the water fountains. Then we went to the waterfront to meet some more friends so our kids could play together in those fountains.

Sunday, we took a trip to Dollywood. This is a nice amusement park in the smoky mountains and we spent all day walking around the park. My legs were so tired last night that I just crashed last night.

This morning, I was not sure if I felt up to running, but I wanted to give it a chance. I ended up running 3.25 miles at a 10:54 pace. That is the longest I have run and the fastest pace also. Hopefully by the time my triathlon comes in July, I can be up to 5 miles at a time.

Later

0 Comments: